Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Relief

I was able to talk to my wife Janet last night after being unable to do for the last 3 days. Wi-Fi in Africa is quite spotty and Skype has been particularly aggravating---acting as if I am an unknown entity and not allowing a log-in at all. These "vacations", as they are sometimes referred to by some of those with whom I toil, are not easy. It is especially tough on those we love who are left behind to continue the ordinary yet essential machinations of life---mowing lawns, cooking for one, dog walks---all while feeling quite alone. I am grateful for who loves and supports me during these periods. Sometimes the ache is almost unbearable for me. Eight days left now on what is an extraordinary but sometimes exhausting  experience. I can't wait to see her and give her the biggest hug imaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment