Sunday, June 7, 2015

Debriefing meeting with distractions Sunday 6/7

Today we all met in the lobby of the hotel at 10am to debrief a bit. The Moroccan Government is very keen to start the collaborative aspect of our relationship---beginning with a Memorandum of Understanding. Our delegation leader, who is quite interested in ideas from everyone, wanted to hear from us. My priorities always start with teaching---sometimes selfishly---as it is what I feel I am most qualified to discuss. I'll try teach anything, anywhere, any time, to anyone. Others have more long term, strategic interests in mind.....much of it concerning structural issues in the Moroccan educational system that are contributing to long term unemployment ans the high school dropout rate. I also continue to advocate including the US business community in our efforts. My colleagues to their credit, listen to me always and include me at all times. Very refreshing. I have to say that I have gained great admiration for each of them. A project like this helps us all gain perspective on what each of us does for our students every day. I feel renewed in a way.

While we are speaking, a group of  Barcelona jersey wearing, male noveau riche,  Moroccan fellas proceeds to sit at the next table and play juvenile videos to each other at loud volume on their phones while smoking like chimneys. Rude. Many of the worlds problems might be solved if men realized that toys are for little boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment