Saturday, March 1, 2014

English Language classes with Professor Victoria Ufaeva

Professor Victoria Ufaeva invited me to her English language classes on Friday. She is an extraordinarily enthusiastic, curious, and hospitable English teacher at the Institute who thought it would be nice for her students to interact with a native English speaker. First class was a group of freshmen at the Institute. Very bright, very curious students. We had a presentation on Maslenitsa from a young fellow named Vlad and spent more that an hour talking about politics and some of their goals and dreams.
I promised all of them I could get them American pen-pals for email and/or Skype communication. They would LOVE this! Colleagues at NOVA---if you'd like to incorporate this in your teaching or just help me with the recruiting I would be eternally grateful!


The next class was a more advanced class with some really interesting an well-read students who gave presentations on the American system of government---Executive, Legislative, Judicial, and Local Government. They already know more than I do about my own government! I apologize for getting a little sleepy during the local government talk at the end---too many blini and it was the old man's afternnon! I had a great time Victoria---you and your students are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment