Thursday, March 6, 2014

band Conductor and Opera guy doing Sinatra

Future NVCC-Loudoun Student, Stepan Orlov, along with my Institute Colleagues Maxim and Kamiel(and beautiful wives), took me to an event at another college on Saturday evening. It was a performance representing the songbooks of Frank Sinatra and Edith Piaf. Band was very good. There was a monster baritone sax soloist. The woman singing Piaf was superb. Sinatra you can’t really duplicate, and this guy, while he had the pipes, didn’t really approximate old Frank….”I deed eet my vay…”

My only observation was that both the conductor and the male soloist had mullet heads that would scare Miguel Corrigan circa 1991. I had a dead animal crawling down the back of my neck back then that was absolutely mortifying. I was “all biz” up front with a poor white trash breaking bad party in the back. These guys both have dead squirrels on steroids crawling down their necks. I loved it. No disrespect intended. Russia. Glad I’m here----really.

No comments:

Post a Comment