Monday, February 3, 2014

Tuesday 4/4

I will catch up a bit regarding activities at the institute yesterday. I arrived rather early at the International Studies office and there was a great deal of activity. Apparently the office was dealing with a couple of rather important events. I was under the impression that the hustlle and bustle last week and over the weekend coincided with the arrival of the international Business Administration Students. Many of these people will be in my class--International Business. These young people arrived over the weekend from China and Slovakia and Dr. Bobarykina, Masha, Valia, and Yulia were very busy with installing them in dorms, dealing with documentation protocol, and setting up class schedules. This schedule is somewhat dynamic at the moment---for example, I am not teaching today due to some last minute changes on the part of other professors---my first class is now on Thursday and is basically two 1.5 hour concurrent classes.
The students seem very upbeat and resilient. I've met my Chinese contingent and a couple of the Slovakians and they seem very nice.

так( everyone says this ALL the time, basically "so...."), not only were there a bunch of new students arriving who needed care, but a contingent of European Union expert professors( 6 of them) to sign a cooperation agreement with our institution AND conduct an important series of lectures on European Union topics. These guys needed to be given the VIP treatment, and implementation of seminar logistics done----all handled by our group of women in the International office. They all work very hard on hospitality, arrangements, scheduling, translating, protocol, etc., etc. On top of this, the helpless American professor is always lurking around needing questions answered and so forth. More on this EU visit. I am going to post this so I don't lose it!

No comments:

Post a Comment